Mission and vision
The mission of the Hunters Association of Slovenia is to bring together Slovenian hunters in efforts to conserve nature, manage wildlife in a sustainable manner and preserve hunting values.
Upon the realisation of the set goals, the Slovenian hunting organisation must become:
- an equal and respected partner in game management planning,
- an organisation that adopts all of its decisions on the basis of professionally and scientifically supported grounds,
- recognisable as a responsible nature conservation organisation,
- increasingly recognised in the eyes of the public for its operations in the public interest,
- transparent and efficient in its activities.
Our values are tradition, reliability, cooperation, knowledge, expertise and social responsibility.
We are an organisation with over a century-long tradition that has successfully kept track of changes and built great international respect.
We are a reliable partner to our members, those sharing the environment, many governmental and non-governmental organisations and to other interested parties.
Our organisation is stable and successful, as it is expressly based on collaboration.
Our members pursue their mission with a great deal of knowledge that is upgraded on an ongoing basis.
Decision-making is based on expert and scientific grounds.
We advocate a responsible attitude towards the natural and social environment.
A great deal of attention is placed on social responsibility:
- We conserve nature and the environment, while managing wildlife in a sustainable manner.
- We strive for the conservation of a sustainable environment and the improvement of animal and plant species habitats and, consequently, for the preservation and improvement of a healthy living environment for people and the sustainability of all life.
- We regularly attend various clean-up activities and often put forth initiatives for them, while looking after nature and the life in it as a nature conservation organisation.
- Furthermore, we strive to instil the sense of responsibility towards nature into young people.
- We pursue an important cultural and educational mission, manage the hunting cynology, participate in a great deal of scientific research and issue expert publications and the Lovec (Hunter) newsletter.
- We bring together over 20,000 Slovenian hunters, offering continuous training, so that they can pursue their mission as professionals.
- Within the scope of our competences, we perform our statutory tasks.